BJ Howard President CEO of Convergenz, LLC
B.J. Howard is the President, CEO, and Founder of Convergenz, LLC and is responsible for directing all of the activities of the firm, including strategic planning, operations, and all things financial. He has over 25 years of coaching, consulting, and business leadership experience with a broad cross-section of industries.
He holds a B.A. in Economics from Rollins College and later went on to study at the Harvard Business School where he earned his certification in Corporate Strategy as well as the program for Leadership Development through their Executive Education Program.
He is a member of the Association for Strategic Planning and a frequent guest lecturer on topics related to Strategic Planning, Entrepreneurship, Business Planning, and Financial Analysis. He also developed an oversees the Convergenz Institute of Coaching and Consulting, which has certification programs offered through Convergenz or with college credit through Williamson College.
In addition to his role at Convergenz, Mr. Howard currently serves on the following boards:
- Williamson College, Board of Trustees, Chairman
- Better Business Bureau, Corporate Board of Directors, member
- Vanderbilt University, The Wond'ry, Entrepreneurial Mentor
- Better Business Bureau, Advisory Board, member
- Freedom's Promise, Advisory Board, member
- CGA, Inc. Board of Directors, member
His certifications include:
- Certified Management Consultant (ASTD),
- Certified Strategic Planning (Harvard Business School),
- Certified Leadership Development (Harvard Business School),
- Master Certified Business Consultant (MCBC) (Convergenz Institute of Consulting - Williamson College)
- Master Certified Coach - Business (MCCB) (Convergenz Institute of Coaching - Williamson College)
- Certified Everything DiSC® Trainer (Wiley)
- Certified Six-Sigma Black Belt (IASSC)
- Certified Group Facilitator (Rollins College)
- Everything DiSC®, Authorized Partner
Throughout his career, he has worked with companies of all sizes, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies.
He is married with five grown children and remains active in his church and community.